What is included in Lawn Care Services in North Carolina?
When you’re ready to have someone take over your lawn care for you, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. That requires doing a little bit of research. You may know what you want but do you have any idea what a lawn care service provides in North Carolina? Do they trim the hedges, and mow the lawn, do they take care of the fertilizing, and do they do the edging? What comes in your yard maintenance deal? In most cases this is going to depend upon what type of package you choose. We’ll go over three different types of packages that are available for your yard care needs.
This is the lowest package, offering what is considered the most needed services. So what does this include? First mowing, it’s the thing everyone dreads spending their Saturday morning doing, so in the basic lawn care package, you’ll be able to skip the Saturday ritual in favor of sleeping in, or reading the comic strip. It will keep the home owners association in North Carolina at bay and the neighbors happy without you having to give up the weekend. Next in line in this lawn care basics is blowing away the mess from the paths. You won’t have to worry when it rains about slipping in the muck of soaked leaves because the lawn care crew will have cleared them away. Twice a month they’re going to straighten up the edges of your lawn to keep it looking neat and tidy. Then five times during the course of the year they’ll make sure your lawn stays healthy by taking care of the fertilization for you, and during the winter they’ll care for the lawn with lime. Lastly, they’ll take care of the broadleaf weeds, the peskiest of the turf weeds. So even at the lowest end of the scale, having lawn maintenance can save you time and stress.
Landscaping And Lawn Care Tips For Homeowners in North Carolina:
Summer can be one of the toughest times of the year for lawns, especially when we live in one of the warmer climates. While Summer is a time of thriving for many lawns, likewise it is also a time for less well looked after turf to suffer many different problems that can lead to stress and poor health. With a few simple lawn care practices we should be able to greatly improve all lawns as they navigate their way through the warmest months of the year.
Best Practice Lawn Watering
Watering is of course the most important aspect of turf health in Summer. Correct lawn watering practices will enable a lawn to send down roots much deeper into the soil profile, past the evaporation level of the very top of the soil, which as a result will make our turf more heat and drought tolerant.
We can slowly train our turf to create a deep root system by only ever watering the lawn once it's showing signs of leaf wilt, and then giving the lawn a deep drink of water at that time. This is an easy method to grow a deep root system for all turf.
Fertilize Lawns In The Spring
A home lawn which is healthy before Summer arrives is a far better solution to achieve a healthy Summer lawn, than if we were to wait until Summer arrives and then trying to create a healthy lawn. The same is true of Winter lawn care.
Fertilization of turf should be done prior to the onset of the two harshest seasons, Summer and Winter. So we want to be sure we have fertilized with a high quality fertilizer prior to the onset of Summer so that the lawn is in its peak health as the heat arrives.
The Importance Of Correct Summer Lawn Mowing
Loss of moisture in soils is responsible for the majority of turf problems in the Summer. As already discussed, we can greatly improve this situation by watering correctly to promote deep root growth, but we can also help the soil further by reducing the amount of water lost through evaporation in the Summer sun.
While a strong healthy lawn growing in full sunlight can be cut short, for most lawns which are less than perfect, their greatest health benefit in Summer can come about by increasing the lawn mowing height. This increase in the length of the lawn leaf then shades and insulates the soil against further moisture loss, resulting in less heat stress for the lawn.
This same principle of insulating the soil against moisture loss can be further added upon by mulch mowing the lawn. Whereby the lawn cuttings are recycled back into the lawn, rather than being collected and thrown away. Recycling lawn clippings not only insulates the lawn soil against moisture loss, but they are an incredible source of nutrients to feed back to the lawn instead of relying on the expense and hassle of having to use so many lawn fertilizers.
Lawn Weed And Pest Control
Some treatments for lawn pests and weeds can be harsh on the lawn, especially those that are applied by the homeowner and not by a turf professional.
Avoid treating for weeds or pests using chemical pesticides on the hottest days of Summer, instead wait for milder days to do any such spraying, or better yet, try to treat for pests and weeds in Spring, before Summer arrives.
8 Benefits of Hiring a Commercial Lawn Care Team
Landscaping services include a wide variety of upkeep and upgrades when it comes to your lawn. Between adding on plants and shrubbery to making sure your landscape is well kept, there are many needs from a top landscaping service. Landscapes are very customizable making it important that you choose the right service to make the outside of your home look great. Landscaping companies have many different tradesmen employed with them because of the many different types of work landscaping might include.
One of the basics when beginning to clear the land for the house is to plan the landscape to properly drain. Installing drainage systems or strategically placing retaining walls in the proper places will make sure water does not sit next to the house, which can cause leaking into the foundation. Grading the property takes skill in order to make the property as level as can be. This process is also a good time to install an irrigation system. These systems alone are important in maintaining the property and saving money on your water bill.
Considering the amount of plants, shrubs, trees, flowers, and other greenery you can have planted in your landscape, it takes a designer from a top landscaping service to properly plan out placement and schemes. Incorporating everything to flow with each other and placing trees in certain areas to create shade or a privacy barrier can make the difference in an average yard to an amazing yard. Trees serve many purposes in a landscape. They break up the yard itself, to where things do not just blend in together. They can be used as a natural fence, and they can be used in areas where you will want shade. This all takes planning and takes a professional to properly plants the trees.
Highly regarded landscaping companies don't just deal with greenery, not by a long shot. They can handle the installation of many different types of fences, whether they are basic privacy fences, or very high-end rod-iron fences. Other things they can install are outdoor living areas like fire pits and outdoor kitchens. Sidewalks and different types of walkways can also play a big part in setting your landscape apart from others. All of these add-ons that have nothing to with plants can really make a landscape personal to the homeowner and custom. These companies can even take care of wood construction of decks and gazebos, meaning they can plan everything that the outside of your home might include.
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Durham County NC
- Residential Grass Mowing Service Durham City NC
- Residential Yard Mowing Service Downtown Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Mowing Service Archer Woods Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Bahama Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Bethesda Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Bilboa Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Blands Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Braggtown Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Brassfield Durham NC
- Best Lawn Landscaping Service Burton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Maintenance Service Chicopee Hills Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Colony Park Durham NC
- Best Lawn Maintenance Service Devonshire Manor Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Eastwood Park Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Service Fairntosh Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service Falconbridge Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Few Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Cutting Service Five Oaks Durham NC
- Affordable Yard Care Service Forest Acres Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Maintenance Service Fox Run Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Genlee Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Maintenance Service Glen Forest Durham NC
- Residential Grass Cutting Service Greymoss Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Cutting Service Hampton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Havenhill Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Landscaping Service Hayes Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Cutting Service Heather Glen Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Heritage Heights Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Hickory Oaks Durham NC
- Home Grass Mowing Service Hope Valley North Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Hope Valley West Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Huckleberry Spring Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Huntington Place Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Maintenance Service Joyland Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Care Service Keene Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Lochnora Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Lowes Grove Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Cutting Service Lynn Crossroads Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Mangum Store Durham NC
- Affordable Grass Cutting Service Marydell Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Maintenance Service Marywood Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Mill Grove Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Care Maintenance Service Nelson Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Care Service New Hope Valley Durham NC
- Cheap Landscape Service Oak Grove Durham NC
- Commercial Grass Cutting Service Orange Factory Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Parkwood Durham NC
- Home Lawn Mowing Service Quail Roost Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Red Mountain Durham NC
- Home Yard Maintenance Service Redwood Durham NC
- Affordable Landscape Service Rocky Knoll Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Cutting Service Spring Valley Durham NC
- Home Yard Mowing Service Suntree Durham NC
- Professional Yard Cutting Service Surry Green Durham NC
- Best Yard Maintenance Service The American Village Durham NC
- Best Grass Mowing Service The Downs Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service University Estates Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Weaver Durham NC
- Commercial Landscaping Service West Hills Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service West Hills East Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Willardville Durham NC
- Best Grass Cutting Service Woodberry Durham NC
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Woodcroft Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service Durham NC 27701
- Professional Landscape Service Durham NC 27703
- Best Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27704
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Durham NC 27705
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27706
- Residential Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27707
- Cheap Landscaping Service Durham NC 27712
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27713
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27702
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Durham NC 27709
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27715
- Cheap Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27717
- Commercial Landscape Service Durham NC 27722
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27708
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27710
- Residential Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27711