Having a great landscape design in West Hills Durham NC can make or break your home’s curb appeal. But having a home with curb appeal doesn’t have to be the end game. For many homeowners, having a yard that looks picture worthy is more than a goal, it is a passion. However, for those who want the beautiful yard but possess minimal knowledge of how to achieve that look, it can be an intimidating challenge.
Fortunately, having a gorgeous yard does not require a degree in horticulture, but is does mean either doing a lot of homework or either bringing someone in to do the work for you. If you opt to do the work yourself and lean as you go, then having some helpful hints from pros both around the country, and especially in your region, can be a big help. To get you started, here are some landscaping tips from the pros.
Don’t just get stuck on a beautiful yard for a specific season. Think about what your yard will look like from January through December, then plant accordingly and think with yard maintenance in mind. With this thought, be sure to include a variety of shrubs and trees that will remain green all year long.
What should You Avoid When Landscaping in West Hills Durham NC?
Properties will always look better and more appealing when they have a landscaped lawn. These include commercial and industrial properties. Although the owners of these types of properties may focus more on their building or infrastructure, which is their primary investment and source of income and profits, they will still benefit greatly if their lawn or outdoor space is beautifully landscaped and well-maintained.
Unfortunately, landscaping a lawn on a commercial or industrial property isn't as easy doing a residential one. In general, more time, money, and manpower would be required to have beautifully landscaped lawn on a commercial or industrial property.
To make sure that the outdoor space on your commercial or industrial property will be landscaped perfectly and to everyone's liking, it is important to avoid committing some usual landscaping mistakes. These top mistakes include the following:
1. Setting a budget for a static landscape. This is a top mistake that commercial and industrial property owners usually commit. Seasons change; as such, your landscape should, too. If the landscape beds are always the same, visitors and other people will lose their interest easily. In addition, a static landscape quickly looks irrelevant. Lawn care and improvement experts recommend commercial or industrial properties to have seasonal colors by planting annuals in beds, incorporating vibrant containers into the landscape, and cultivating perennials that are abundant when they bloom
2. Not considering your property's front door appeal. The front part of any property is the first impression builder. In commercial and industrial properties, it's what customers and clients see first. If the landscape beds located in the front of you property are overgrown and unattended to, visitors might wonder how you handle the rest of your business. It is therefore important to pay close attention to the entrance of your industrial property. The appearance of your property and overall brand will certainly be elevated if you have a professionally landscaped front entrance.
3. Overlooking the necessary amenities of employees. Finally, it is also essential to make sure your employees and visitors have a place where they can stay if they want to eat their lunch outdoors or step out for some fresh air. As such, also consider providing a patio or gathering space that offers shade and seating. You can also have walking paths installed that can lead to common areas or stand alone, punctuated with seating, to provide an outlet for your people to get out in nature. Aside from being additional appealing features, these employee amenities will also go a long way toward improving morale and creating a happy work environment.
Why You Need a Top Landscaping Service
For many people, having a verdant, lush well-manicured landscape is a sign of prestige. For others having a well-kept yard is something they long for, but don't have the time to invest in, while for many other homeowners it is something that brings them pleasure - so long as they are not the ones who are doing the cutting, trimming, and edging.
If you are in any one of those groups, then there is a way to get that picture perfect yard without all the work and time invested - the answer: hire a professional lawn management team. While this might seem a bit extreme to some, the easiest way to get the magazine worthy yard is to let someone else do the work. This way, you can reap the benefits but without giving up your weekends and free time to mow, cut or edge. Of course, in addition to the time factor and knowledge needed, there are a number of other reasons to work with a lawn care team. Here are just a few of them.
1. You won't have to be concerned with owning a lawn mower or being responsible for the maintenance on it.
2. The professional lawn care team will take care of things like trimming back bushes, keeping your grass at the right height, applying fertilizer, aerating and much more.
3. Commercial lawn scape teams know about the various types of grass and can help you determine what will do best for your yard and region. They will then be there to do the planting and nurture the growing.
4. Not only will professionals know about the grass, but will also be able to recommend trees, shrubbery and decorative plants to make your lawn more welcoming.
5. You will be able to count on consistent care, as you will be setting the schedule for how often they come to work on your yard.
6. Your lawn will be healthier and thus have more curb appeal as those unwanted weeds, overgrown shrubs, and any other elements that detract from your lawn will be removed.
7. Your team will know how to go about mulching, and be able to direct you to safe approaches to keeping plants healthy.
8. While bugs are inevitable, lawn care professionals know how to keep those pesky insects at bay by using organic materials rather than harsh pesticides.
Hiring a team of professional landscapers is great way to get that special edition spread. Talk to a local lawn scape team to find out how they can turn your basic lawn into the gorgeous yard you have always wanted. And in no time at all, you will be the talk of the neighborhood.
Do you own or operate a local business? Are you fed up with your outdated or ugly looking commercial landscape design? Here we will look at some great ideas to improve, update, and capitalize on your landscaping to improve your relationship with the community, clients, and potential customers. It is no mystery that local businesses can suffer if they have an unprofessional look or atmosphere by an outdated lawn, walkway, or lighting fixture. Let's see some ideas.
1. New Walkway Pavers
Having a clean and inviting walkway can be one of the make or break reasons a person will enter your business. If the stones are old and cracked or the pathway is simply blocked by obstacles and overgrown, you will be hard pressed to win any business over based on looks alone. This can be a huge factor in gaining and keeping new business down the road, after all, a first impression is extremely important to someone looking to buy goods or services.
2. Commercial Lighting
Not only is the path and landscape important, but also any lighting fixtures or systems you have incorporated into your landscape as well. Many businesses are open early in the morning or at night when it is dark out, and by having a professionally installed and maintained commercial lighting, you're able to show customers the way no matter the time of day.
3. Lawn and Garden Maintenance
Here is where you can start to get pretty creative regarding your commercial landscape design. Have a local expert plant trees, bushes, shrubs, and flowers to really enhance your commercial space. Everyone can appreciate a well designed and maintained yard and garden at home, and at your place of business is no different. Take the time and plan a new theme or design and contact a local landscaping service to see what sort of options are available to you, no matter the time of year.
No matter what design or method you choose to update your commercial landscape design, be sure to conduct your own research independently into the wide range of themes, styles, and even companies to utilize in your local area. With even just a few minutes of research you can ensure you work with a reputable company and see the best commercial design on your budget.
Summary: Commercial Landscape design can make or break any business. Here we look at several options to improve your businesses outdoor decor.