What is included in Lawn Care Services in North Carolina?
When you’re ready to have someone take over your lawn care for you, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. That requires doing a little bit of research. You may know what you want but do you have any idea what a lawn care service provides in North Carolina? Do they trim the hedges, and mow the lawn, do they take care of the fertilizing, and do they do the edging? What comes in your yard maintenance deal? In most cases this is going to depend upon what type of package you choose. We’ll go over three different types of packages that are available for your yard care needs.
This is the lowest package, offering what is considered the most needed services. So what does this include? First mowing, it’s the thing everyone dreads spending their Saturday morning doing, so in the basic lawn care package, you’ll be able to skip the Saturday ritual in favor of sleeping in, or reading the comic strip. It will keep the home owners association in North Carolina at bay and the neighbors happy without you having to give up the weekend. Next in line in this lawn care basics is blowing away the mess from the paths. You won’t have to worry when it rains about slipping in the muck of soaked leaves because the lawn care crew will have cleared them away. Twice a month they’re going to straighten up the edges of your lawn to keep it looking neat and tidy. Then five times during the course of the year they’ll make sure your lawn stays healthy by taking care of the fertilization for you, and during the winter they’ll care for the lawn with lime. Lastly, they’ll take care of the broadleaf weeds, the peskiest of the turf weeds. So even at the lowest end of the scale, having lawn maintenance can save you time and stress.
Landscaping And Lawn Care Tips For Homeowners in North Carolina:
Having beautiful landscaping is something a lot of people want to achieve, not just dream of. It may look or sound easy to plant trees and shrubs and arrange rocks and decorative accents, but in reality it does take a lot of work and patience to get the look you want. Here then are things to avoid when you are tackling your own landscaping:
Overcrowding. Things need room to grow. This means that you have to take note of the planting instructions that come with plants (annuals and perennials alike) so that you aren't choking them once they start to bloom. An overcrowded garden isn't a pleasant garden to look at or work in. Properly space all the plants. It's okay to have spaces in the spring when plants are small, they will grow and look wonderful come summer.
Don't have your garden bloom all at once. Sure, it'll look nice for a month or so, but then what? Choose things that bloom at different times of the year so that you always have something making that landscaping beautiful. Mixing evergreens with annuals for example will give you a great looking space no matter the season.
Bad curb appeal. Even if no one else can see it, you can and don't you want your green space to look nice? Take the time to plant things properly and plan the garden out so that you have optimal enjoyment of your space throughout the year. If you need to tweak the plans mid-planting that's okay too.
Don't use too many ornamental touches. Nature is beautiful without it getting clogged up with a million decorative gnomes. Less is more and if you love everything you own you can switch them up throughout the season to have a different look all the time. Don't spoil the view or take away from your hard work with gaudy accents.
Don't crowd your garden with too much colour. Choose two colours and go with that. You can always change your mind with annuals the next year and go with two different colours. This makes it all look 'meant to be' and uncluttered.
Don't forget accent lighting. If you can't see it at night as well, what's the point of planting it in the first place?
Landscaping should be relaxing and fun, so use the right tools, go in with a plan and kick that landscaping up a notch this coming season!
Landscaping Ideas for Your Backyard
A beautiful, well-maintained lawn is the pride of most neighborhoods. The way your grass looks depends on the way that you take care of it. There is some basic things that you can do to help keep your grass healthy and beautiful. Mowing, watering, feeding, aerating and scarifying are all important steps to follow for basic lawn care. The well cared for lawn can also add value to your home if you are trying to sell. Curb appeal is very important to homeowners so read on to help learn the basics of lawn care.
When mowing your lawn the most important thing to remember is the height of the grass. You should never cut more than one-third of the height of the grass blades. Make sure to always leave the grass clippings on the yard because this will provide fertilizer for your grass. You should be mowing your lawn at least once a week but an ideal situation would be mowing more than once a week. Keep your mower blade sharp and never mow in the same direction. You should also never mow your lawn when it is wet. Wet mowing will cause clumps of clippings and that can breed bacteria. Choose your type of mower by the size of lawn you have. A small lawn that can be done in half an hour or less is best done with a walking mower. Larger lawns will require a ride-on mower.
Watering your grass is important to keep the grass healthy and looking beautiful. When you water your grass it should be done early in the day. Avoid watering your grass too frequently. When the yard is watered be sure that it is done so there is a good soaking so it will not have to be done for a while. Watch the weather and if it is going to rain then you don't need to do any watering.
Lawn feed is another important part of maintenance to keep your lawn looking beautiful and make it the envy of the neighborhood. Before feeding your soil you should have it tested to see which nutrients that is missing from the structure of it and what you need to be adding. In the spring you should be adding a spring/summer fertilizer. This is a lawn feed that is high in nitrogen and is low in phosphates. In the autumn you will use a lawn feed that has low nitrogen and high phosphates. There is also a mixture of fine sand, ammonium and iron sulfate that can be put on your yard to prevent the growth of weeds and moss. The sand is usually applied in the late spring.
Aerating is usually done with a piece of equipment known as an aerator. The lawn aerator is run over the grass the same way as a mower but instead of cutting the grass this piece of equipment actually pulls out plugs of dirt and grass. Aerating will help your grass build a better root system and will help with compacted soil and thatch grass. An aerator is a good investment for the care of your yard and to help your grass look healthy. Leave the soil plugs on the grass so that they can provide fertilization as they decompose. Aerating can also be done by wearing cleats onto your lawn and just walking around.
Scarifying is like exfoliation for your yard. You are going to take away all the bad stuff and get down to the nice, new, healthy grass. Scarifying your yard is removing the dead material from your grass. You can do this by using a rake but a scarifier can reach further than the rake and can remove more waste. The scarifier reaches between the grass blades and removes the decaying matter without damaging the blades of grass. Using the scarifier is as easy as using a rake. Before you start scarifying you need to remove any living weed, fungus or invasive plants. You also need to kill any moss that is growing in the lawn. Autumn is the best time to do the scarifying because the soil is moist and warm. The reason that this needs to be done is because the dead and decaying debris that is laying on the grass will eventually smother it and kill it out. Using the scarifier will keep your grass healthy and disease free.
Your lawn is the first thing that a visitor to your home will see. This is the first impression that they get of you so it is up to you to make it a good one. It may take an investment of some time to make this first impression a good one but it will be worth it. A well-maintained lawn shows that you care about your surroundings.
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Durham County NC
- Residential Grass Mowing Service Durham City NC
- Residential Yard Mowing Service Downtown Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Mowing Service Archer Woods Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Bahama Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Bethesda Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Bilboa Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Blands Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Braggtown Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Brassfield Durham NC
- Best Lawn Landscaping Service Burton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Maintenance Service Chicopee Hills Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Colony Park Durham NC
- Best Lawn Maintenance Service Devonshire Manor Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Eastwood Park Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Service Fairntosh Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service Falconbridge Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Few Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Cutting Service Five Oaks Durham NC
- Affordable Yard Care Service Forest Acres Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Maintenance Service Fox Run Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Genlee Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Maintenance Service Glen Forest Durham NC
- Residential Grass Cutting Service Greymoss Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Cutting Service Hampton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Havenhill Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Landscaping Service Hayes Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Cutting Service Heather Glen Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Heritage Heights Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Hickory Oaks Durham NC
- Home Grass Mowing Service Hope Valley North Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Hope Valley West Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Huckleberry Spring Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Huntington Place Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Maintenance Service Joyland Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Care Service Keene Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Lochnora Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Lowes Grove Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Cutting Service Lynn Crossroads Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Mangum Store Durham NC
- Affordable Grass Cutting Service Marydell Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Maintenance Service Marywood Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Mill Grove Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Care Maintenance Service Nelson Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Care Service New Hope Valley Durham NC
- Cheap Landscape Service Oak Grove Durham NC
- Commercial Grass Cutting Service Orange Factory Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Parkwood Durham NC
- Home Lawn Mowing Service Quail Roost Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Red Mountain Durham NC
- Home Yard Maintenance Service Redwood Durham NC
- Affordable Landscape Service Rocky Knoll Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Cutting Service Spring Valley Durham NC
- Home Yard Mowing Service Suntree Durham NC
- Professional Yard Cutting Service Surry Green Durham NC
- Best Yard Maintenance Service The American Village Durham NC
- Best Grass Mowing Service The Downs Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service University Estates Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Weaver Durham NC
- Commercial Landscaping Service West Hills Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service West Hills East Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Willardville Durham NC
- Best Grass Cutting Service Woodberry Durham NC
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Woodcroft Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service Durham NC 27701
- Professional Landscape Service Durham NC 27703
- Best Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27704
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Durham NC 27705
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27706
- Residential Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27707
- Cheap Landscaping Service Durham NC 27712
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27713
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27702
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Durham NC 27709
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27715
- Cheap Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27717
- Commercial Landscape Service Durham NC 27722
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27708
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27710
- Residential Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27711