Having a great landscape design in Mangum Store Durham NC can make or break your home’s curb appeal. But having a home with curb appeal doesn’t have to be the end game. For many homeowners, having a yard that looks picture worthy is more than a goal, it is a passion. However, for those who want the beautiful yard but possess minimal knowledge of how to achieve that look, it can be an intimidating challenge.
Fortunately, having a gorgeous yard does not require a degree in horticulture, but is does mean either doing a lot of homework or either bringing someone in to do the work for you. If you opt to do the work yourself and lean as you go, then having some helpful hints from pros both around the country, and especially in your region, can be a big help. To get you started, here are some landscaping tips from the pros.
Don’t just get stuck on a beautiful yard for a specific season. Think about what your yard will look like from January through December, then plant accordingly and think with yard maintenance in mind. With this thought, be sure to include a variety of shrubs and trees that will remain green all year long.
What should You Avoid When Landscaping in Mangum Store Durham NC?
For many people, having a verdant, lush well-manicured landscape is a sign of prestige. For others having a well-kept yard is something they long for, but don't have the time to invest in, while for many other homeowners it is something that brings them pleasure - so long as they are not the ones who are doing the cutting, trimming, and edging.
If you are in any one of those groups, then there is a way to get that picture perfect yard without all the work and time invested - the answer: hire a professional lawn management team. While this might seem a bit extreme to some, the easiest way to get the magazine worthy yard is to let someone else do the work. This way, you can reap the benefits but without giving up your weekends and free time to mow, cut or edge. Of course, in addition to the time factor and knowledge needed, there are a number of other reasons to work with a lawn care team. Here are just a few of them.
1. You won't have to be concerned with owning a lawn mower or being responsible for the maintenance on it.
2. The professional lawn care team will take care of things like trimming back bushes, keeping your grass at the right height, applying fertilizer, aerating and much more.
3. Commercial lawn scape teams know about the various types of grass and can help you determine what will do best for your yard and region. They will then be there to do the planting and nurture the growing.
4. Not only will professionals know about the grass, but will also be able to recommend trees, shrubbery and decorative plants to make your lawn more welcoming.
5. You will be able to count on consistent care, as you will be setting the schedule for how often they come to work on your yard.
6. Your lawn will be healthier and thus have more curb appeal as those unwanted weeds, overgrown shrubs, and any other elements that detract from your lawn will be removed.
7. Your team will know how to go about mulching, and be able to direct you to safe approaches to keeping plants healthy.
8. While bugs are inevitable, lawn care professionals know how to keep those pesky insects at bay by using organic materials rather than harsh pesticides.
Hiring a team of professional landscapers is great way to get that special edition spread. Talk to a local lawn scape team to find out how they can turn your basic lawn into the gorgeous yard you have always wanted. And in no time at all, you will be the talk of the neighborhood.
What Is Included in Your Lawn Care Services?
Properties will always look better and more appealing when they have a landscaped lawn. These include commercial and industrial properties. Although the owners of these types of properties may focus more on their building or infrastructure, which is their primary investment and source of income and profits, they will still benefit greatly if their lawn or outdoor space is beautifully landscaped and well-maintained.
Unfortunately, landscaping a lawn on a commercial or industrial property isn't as easy doing a residential one. In general, more time, money, and manpower would be required to have beautifully landscaped lawn on a commercial or industrial property.
To make sure that the outdoor space on your commercial or industrial property will be landscaped perfectly and to everyone's liking, it is important to avoid committing some usual landscaping mistakes. These top mistakes include the following:
1. Setting a budget for a static landscape. This is a top mistake that commercial and industrial property owners usually commit. Seasons change; as such, your landscape should, too. If the landscape beds are always the same, visitors and other people will lose their interest easily. In addition, a static landscape quickly looks irrelevant. Lawn care and improvement experts recommend commercial or industrial properties to have seasonal colors by planting annuals in beds, incorporating vibrant containers into the landscape, and cultivating perennials that are abundant when they bloom
2. Not considering your property's front door appeal. The front part of any property is the first impression builder. In commercial and industrial properties, it's what customers and clients see first. If the landscape beds located in the front of you property are overgrown and unattended to, visitors might wonder how you handle the rest of your business. It is therefore important to pay close attention to the entrance of your industrial property. The appearance of your property and overall brand will certainly be elevated if you have a professionally landscaped front entrance.
3. Overlooking the necessary amenities of employees. Finally, it is also essential to make sure your employees and visitors have a place where they can stay if they want to eat their lunch outdoors or step out for some fresh air. As such, also consider providing a patio or gathering space that offers shade and seating. You can also have walking paths installed that can lead to common areas or stand alone, punctuated with seating, to provide an outlet for your people to get out in nature. Aside from being additional appealing features, these employee amenities will also go a long way toward improving morale and creating a happy work environment.
A beautiful, well-maintained lawn is the pride of most neighborhoods. The way your grass looks depends on the way that you take care of it. There is some basic things that you can do to help keep your grass healthy and beautiful. Mowing, watering, feeding, aerating and scarifying are all important steps to follow for basic lawn care. The well cared for lawn can also add value to your home if you are trying to sell. Curb appeal is very important to homeowners so read on to help learn the basics of lawn care.
When mowing your lawn the most important thing to remember is the height of the grass. You should never cut more than one-third of the height of the grass blades. Make sure to always leave the grass clippings on the yard because this will provide fertilizer for your grass. You should be mowing your lawn at least once a week but an ideal situation would be mowing more than once a week. Keep your mower blade sharp and never mow in the same direction. You should also never mow your lawn when it is wet. Wet mowing will cause clumps of clippings and that can breed bacteria. Choose your type of mower by the size of lawn you have. A small lawn that can be done in half an hour or less is best done with a walking mower. Larger lawns will require a ride-on mower.
Watering your grass is important to keep the grass healthy and looking beautiful. When you water your grass it should be done early in the day. Avoid watering your grass too frequently. When the yard is watered be sure that it is done so there is a good soaking so it will not have to be done for a while. Watch the weather and if it is going to rain then you don't need to do any watering.
Lawn feed is another important part of maintenance to keep your lawn looking beautiful and make it the envy of the neighborhood. Before feeding your soil you should have it tested to see which nutrients that is missing from the structure of it and what you need to be adding. In the spring you should be adding a spring/summer fertilizer. This is a lawn feed that is high in nitrogen and is low in phosphates. In the autumn you will use a lawn feed that has low nitrogen and high phosphates. There is also a mixture of fine sand, ammonium and iron sulfate that can be put on your yard to prevent the growth of weeds and moss. The sand is usually applied in the late spring.
Aerating is usually done with a piece of equipment known as an aerator. The lawn aerator is run over the grass the same way as a mower but instead of cutting the grass this piece of equipment actually pulls out plugs of dirt and grass. Aerating will help your grass build a better root system and will help with compacted soil and thatch grass. An aerator is a good investment for the care of your yard and to help your grass look healthy. Leave the soil plugs on the grass so that they can provide fertilization as they decompose. Aerating can also be done by wearing cleats onto your lawn and just walking around.
Scarifying is like exfoliation for your yard. You are going to take away all the bad stuff and get down to the nice, new, healthy grass. Scarifying your yard is removing the dead material from your grass. You can do this by using a rake but a scarifier can reach further than the rake and can remove more waste. The scarifier reaches between the grass blades and removes the decaying matter without damaging the blades of grass. Using the scarifier is as easy as using a rake. Before you start scarifying you need to remove any living weed, fungus or invasive plants. You also need to kill any moss that is growing in the lawn. Autumn is the best time to do the scarifying because the soil is moist and warm. The reason that this needs to be done is because the dead and decaying debris that is laying on the grass will eventually smother it and kill it out. Using the scarifier will keep your grass healthy and disease free.
Your lawn is the first thing that a visitor to your home will see. This is the first impression that they get of you so it is up to you to make it a good one. It may take an investment of some time to make this first impression a good one but it will be worth it. A well-maintained lawn shows that you care about your surroundings.