What is included in Lawn Care Services in North Carolina?
When you’re ready to have someone take over your lawn care for you, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. That requires doing a little bit of research. You may know what you want but do you have any idea what a lawn care service provides in North Carolina? Do they trim the hedges, and mow the lawn, do they take care of the fertilizing, and do they do the edging? What comes in your yard maintenance deal? In most cases this is going to depend upon what type of package you choose. We’ll go over three different types of packages that are available for your yard care needs.
This is the lowest package, offering what is considered the most needed services. So what does this include? First mowing, it’s the thing everyone dreads spending their Saturday morning doing, so in the basic lawn care package, you’ll be able to skip the Saturday ritual in favor of sleeping in, or reading the comic strip. It will keep the home owners association in North Carolina at bay and the neighbors happy without you having to give up the weekend. Next in line in this lawn care basics is blowing away the mess from the paths. You won’t have to worry when it rains about slipping in the muck of soaked leaves because the lawn care crew will have cleared them away. Twice a month they’re going to straighten up the edges of your lawn to keep it looking neat and tidy. Then five times during the course of the year they’ll make sure your lawn stays healthy by taking care of the fertilization for you, and during the winter they’ll care for the lawn with lime. Lastly, they’ll take care of the broadleaf weeds, the peskiest of the turf weeds. So even at the lowest end of the scale, having lawn maintenance can save you time and stress.
Landscaping And Lawn Care Tips For Homeowners in North Carolina:
Summer Watering Tip
Your lawn should receive around 1 to 1.5 inches of water per week during the hottest months of summer. We suggest deep watering down to the soil depth of at least 6 inches.
Too light of a watering will merely damped the grass, which is of little benefit. In some cases a light watering can actually harm your lawn.
Just about everyone has seen your typical scorched, yellow, summer lawn...they can be quite an eyesore. Below we will go over a method to help prevent this. As with anything else, it will require a little bit of experimentation to adapt the amount of watering to your needs.
Here is a good way to determine how long to water your lawn and keep your property looking green in the hot summer months:
Place an empty can or bucket on your lawn and measure how long it takes to apply 1 to 1.5 inches of water, depending on your individual watering needs.
This is an accurate way of measuring how long it will take to properly water your landscape during the blistering hot months. The deeper watering will allow your grass to stay moist and protected, rather than wither in hot, dry dirt.
As always, a little experimentation is required for each individual landscape, however it gives you a more visually representation of how much water is being used.
Also remember that hot temperatures increase the likelihood of 'burning' the lawn if fertilizer applied, so do so preferably in the Spring or Fall instead.
Yard Maintenance - Summer Lawn Watering Tips
If you are considering a yard services program for your residential home one of the critical aspects to this program will be adding mulch throughout your landscape. When it comes to designing and caring for your garden you want to find the best mulch possible. There are a number of reasons that mulch is important to your garden, trees and other landscaping elements.
The first important aspect of mulch is that it acts as an insulator for trees, plants and soil throughout the winter. This means that the heat from the ground as well as the moisture that is needed to protect the roots during winter and during times of frost can be saved with the use of mulch. Placing mulch on top of and around your plant's roots helps keep them healthy and hardy, making for a better root system and all around better plant. Soil can lose its nutrients over time. However, soil can also benefit from the insulating element of mulch.
Mulch is great as a way of keeping soil, trees, plants and root systems moist. If you want to protect your property from drought and intense sun then mulch is a great way to do this. For those of you who won't be using a yard service company and instead doing your yard work (such as mulching) then consider getting bagged mulch, which can be delivered to your property. Mulch and soil delivery are designed to make your life easier and sometimes delivery is even included in the price of the bulk purchase.
Another benefit of mulch is that it looks good. Available in different colours and textures, you can use mulch throughout your landscape to highlight and contrast different areas of your property.
If you are having your yard taken care of by a yard maintenance service company then you should discuss your vision for the design as well as how they plan to use mulch and other landscaping products for optimum health.
In addition to caring for your garden, most yard maintenance companies will also take care of your lawn by cutting it and taking care of the spring and fall maintenance tasks. While some people have a weekly or monthly yard service set up, others will just book maintenance in the fall and spring months in order to prepare their lawn properly for winter and summer. Mulching will certainly be a big part of the seasonal preparations for your lawn, as will cleaning up debris, trimming hedges and trees and perhaps even adding new soil and laying sod. Whether you are working with a maintenance company or taking these tasks on yourself you should definitely put a plan in place and keep the goals in mind of optimal health for your lawn as well as making jobs easier for next season.
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Durham County NC
- Residential Grass Mowing Service Durham City NC
- Residential Yard Mowing Service Downtown Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Mowing Service Archer Woods Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Bahama Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Bethesda Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Bilboa Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Blands Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Braggtown Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Brassfield Durham NC
- Best Lawn Landscaping Service Burton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Maintenance Service Chicopee Hills Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Colony Park Durham NC
- Best Lawn Maintenance Service Devonshire Manor Durham NC
- Professional Yard Mowing Service Eastwood Park Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Service Fairntosh Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service Falconbridge Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Service Few Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Cutting Service Five Oaks Durham NC
- Affordable Yard Care Service Forest Acres Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Maintenance Service Fox Run Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Landscaping Service Genlee Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Maintenance Service Glen Forest Durham NC
- Residential Grass Cutting Service Greymoss Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Cutting Service Hampton Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Havenhill Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Landscaping Service Hayes Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Cutting Service Heather Glen Durham NC
- Professional Grass Cutting Service Heritage Heights Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Hickory Oaks Durham NC
- Home Grass Mowing Service Hope Valley North Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Hope Valley West Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Huckleberry Spring Durham NC
- Residential Lawn Care Service Huntington Place Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Maintenance Service Joyland Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Care Service Keene Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Lochnora Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Service Lowes Grove Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Cutting Service Lynn Crossroads Durham NC
- Affordable Lawn Care Service Mangum Store Durham NC
- Affordable Grass Cutting Service Marydell Durham NC
- Commercial Lawn Maintenance Service Marywood Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Mill Grove Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Care Maintenance Service Nelson Durham NC
- Cheap Yard Care Service New Hope Valley Durham NC
- Cheap Landscape Service Oak Grove Durham NC
- Commercial Grass Cutting Service Orange Factory Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Parkwood Durham NC
- Home Lawn Mowing Service Quail Roost Durham NC
- Affordable Landscaping Service Red Mountain Durham NC
- Home Yard Maintenance Service Redwood Durham NC
- Affordable Landscape Service Rocky Knoll Durham NC
- Professional Lawn Cutting Service Spring Valley Durham NC
- Home Yard Mowing Service Suntree Durham NC
- Professional Yard Cutting Service Surry Green Durham NC
- Best Yard Maintenance Service The American Village Durham NC
- Best Grass Mowing Service The Downs Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service University Estates Durham NC
- Best Yard Cutting Service Weaver Durham NC
- Commercial Landscaping Service West Hills Durham NC
- Best Yard Mowing Service West Hills East Durham NC
- Home Grass Cutting Service Willardville Durham NC
- Best Grass Cutting Service Woodberry Durham NC
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Woodcroft Durham NC
- Cheap Lawn Care Maintenance Service Durham NC 27701
- Professional Landscape Service Durham NC 27703
- Best Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27704
- Commercial Lawn Landscaping Service Durham NC 27705
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27706
- Residential Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27707
- Cheap Landscaping Service Durham NC 27712
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27713
- Professional Grass Mowing Service Durham NC 27702
- Home Lawn Cutting Service Durham NC 27709
- Commercial Landscaping Service Durham NC 27715
- Cheap Lawn Maintenance Service Durham NC 27717
- Commercial Landscape Service Durham NC 27722
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27708
- Home Yard Care Service Durham NC 27710
- Residential Lawn Mowing Service Durham NC 27711